Update: This mod is now considered obsolete as I have made an actual FIX for the issue. Get the fix At Simlogical:
This mod provides a workaround for the bug affecting the Walker and Playpen premium content objects from the Sims 3 Store. Since patch 1.63, the walker and the playpen no longer function properly and cause the toddler to reset. This happens when the toddler uses one of the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen), Play with Mirror (playpen) or Play (Walker) and has already achieved the “maximum” skill level allowed for the object/interaction (Logic: 3, Charisma: 3, Handiness 2, respectively).
This mod removes the skill gain from the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen, logic), Play with Mirror (playpen, charisma), Play (walker, handiness). This means your sims will no longer be able to gain any logic, charisma or handiness skill points from these objects. Your sim will still be able to learn to talk and learn to walk on their own, but if you want them to learn logic, charisma, or handiness, you’ll need to use NRaas MasterController or another mod to assign the skill to them.
I did try to fix this problem with a script mod, and I even tried to fix the problem by unhiding the skills for toddlers in the Skill XMLs, but none of it worked. I know that this work around will remove some of the usefulness of the premium content, but at least your toddlers will be able to use their walkers and playpens without resetting.
- No Expansion packs required.
- Requires patch 1.63.
- This mod requires either the walker or the playpen, or both, from the Sims 3 Store to be installed in your game. You can use this mod whether you have only one object or both.
- Again, this mod will not add the walker or the playpen to your game. You must have already installed these objects for this mod to have any effect on your game.
- Due to its simplicity, this mod may not necessarily require an update after major patches. It’s always best to check in, though.
Many people are experiencing issues with the Quantum Power Pack. The following information should be helpful in getting the most out of your Limited Edition content.
1. The most common reason that the Quantum Power Pack does not work is the ccmerged. In order for your sim to be able to transform into the power suit, the sim must get a moodlet from Quantum Power Pack. The moodlet triggers the transformation, so without it, the pack will not work. Repair your ccmerged or download a complete one.
2. On the same note, outdated mods that alter Premium Content moodlets will cause this issue, such as my Spell book tweaks mod (this mod has been updated). Update any premium content moodlet mods, or remove them, to ensure that the Quantum Power Pack will work.
3. If the Launcher did not properly install the Quantum Power Pack, you might experience issues. Try re-installing the pack a few times to get it working correctly. Note that the number one issue with the Quantum Power Pack is the ccmerged/outdated moodlet mods, so I recommend trying the first suggestion before re-installing.
4. Finally, if you have de-crapped your Quantum Power Pack (or installed a pirated version of it), it will not work. Instead, run your untouched sims3pack through s3rc and then install the pack as package files. Make sure you have the correct ccmerged. I recommend installing only the accessories/power suits as package files (i.e. install the decrapped sims3pack and then add only the packages for the accessories and power suits to your game. Don’t add the package for the stasis chamber).
Tired of your sims leaving their clothes all over the house? Is your click finger numb from dragging those 800 clothes piles to the hamper every sim hour (how do they have so many clothes that all look the same)? If so, prepare to rejoice. My new Super Hamper series will automagically collect all of your sims laundry without any effort on your part.
- This mod is base game compatible.
- The Super Hamper Script is base game compatible, but the hampers cloned from Ambitions, TLS and UL will require their respective EP/SP in order to be used.
- If you want to use a CC hamper with this mod you can either provide me a link to the CC hamper, so I can make an override for you, or you can make one yourself.
- This mod was built with patch 1.63. May work with earlier patch levels but I am unable to verify this.
- This is not a default replacement.
This mod replaces the Give Bath and Change Clothes interactions on the Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station with versions of the interactions that do not put the baby on the floor when the interaction is finished. After using the Give Bath or Change Clothes interactions, your sim will continue holding the baby or toddler and will not place the baby/toddler on the floor.
Note: You MUST have the Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station from the Sims 3 Store in order for this mod to work. It will NOT add the item to your game.
- Again, this requires the Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station Premium Content Item from the Sims 3 Store to be installed in your game, or it will do absolutely nothing.
- No other Expansion or Stuff Packs are required for this mod, ONLY the store item.
- Built with patch 1.57, but will likely work for any patch level that can run the Changing Station.
- This is a pure script mod, and the chance of a conflict is slim to none. The only possibility of conflict would be with another script mod that replaces the interactions on the changing table.
- This mod will not conflict with any tuning (XML or ITUN) mod. You can use any changing table tuning mod alongside this mod, including autonomy mods.
- This mod has no known conflicts.
- Place in your Mods\Packages folder.
This mod will be available on Simlogical once Simlogical is back up and running.
If EA keeps to the schedule they’ve been using for the last several expansions, we can expect the Island Paradise patch very soon, possibly even Sunday or Monday. As usual, in preparation for the patch, I recommend Crinrict’s What to do before patching advice.
Unfortunately, I am not able to predict which of my mods will require updating and which will not. However, some of my mods are 100% certain to require an update:
- No Celebrity Level requirements for Film (Acting/Director) Career
- Horse mod: No Autonomous Exit Box Stall, slower motive decay
- Improved Beloved Pet, and other Animal-Related Traits
- No/Slower Social and Exercise Decay for Pets
- No Academic Performance Decay
I will do my best to get incompatible mods updated as quickly as possible.
UPDATE: No Celebrity Level requirements for Film (Acting/Director) Career did not require an update after all!
I have a number of new mods out so I’ll just list them up.
Extra Credit Homework – If your sim’s kids are stuck bored at home all day due to snow days, sick days, or even holidays, give them something productive to do! With this mod, your sim kids can make up on missed school time by doing extra credit homework when they’re not in school. This mod adds a “Do Extra Credit Homework” interaction to all computers (including laptops) and MultiTabs in your game.
Store Dried Food – This mod adds a set of interactions to all treasure chests that will allow you to easily move custom edible food (dried food) to and from chests.
No Unfinished Room moodlet – This mod effectively removes the unfinished room moodlet. Under EA tuning, if a room has 0.2% missing wall or floor covering, the sim will have the unfinished room moodlet. With this mod, the room must have 99% missing wall or floor covering for the sim to receive the moodlet.
This is a pure script mod that adds a “Meditate” interaction to all Mood Lite candles (Base Game).
- This mod does not require any expansion packs, only The Sims 3 base game.
- This mod was built with patch 1.42 and may not be compatible with any lower patch level.
- Check for updates to this mod after major patches.
This mod removes a number of limos that sims use when traveling around town. If you are having trouble with too many limos in your town, you can use this mod to drastically reduce the number of limos that sims are using.
The following limos are removed with this mod:
- Limos for celebrities
- Limos associated with the following careers are removed: Business, Criminal, Music, Showtime Performance Careers, Political
- The .01% chance that an NPC will use a limo instead of a generated ownable car based on career level has been change to 0%.
This mod does not remove all limos (but it will remove most of them). The following limos are not removed by this mod:
- Limos used to pick up sims for Prep school boarding school.
- Prom Limos
- Possibly some career limos that are in the Careers XML (Fortune Teller career and Film career). I am hesitant to alter this XML due to high chances of conflicts. If you ask me enough, I might do it anyhow.
Want to throw a gift giving party for your family without inviting over the neighbors? With my newest set of mods for the Gift Pile, you will be able to buy the Bunch o’ Gifts in the catalog, and even customize it a bit, so your active sims can share gifts with each other.
Makes the Gift Pile available in the catalog
More gifts, Add gifts interaction unlocked, and More Fun/Social gain while opening gifts
There’s no reason to rely on dodgy moodlets to be informed about your sim’s temperature. With this mod installed, you will be able to click on any sim and instantly get a report detailing the temperature of all sims in the target sim’s household.