That thing I mentioned in an earlier post is actually happening! It’s really big news for me. At the end of April I’m going back to University to work on a Master’s in English. I’ll be pretty busy studying, so I won’t have as much time for the Sims. But don’t worry, I won’t forget you all 🙂 I’m planning to try to be as active as I can be, without it taking any time from my studies. ❤ you all 🙂
I got an e-mail from box 2 days ago that I didn’t even notice until now that somebody reported my ccmerged as COPYRIGHTED material and box deleted it.
Seriously? What is wrong with people? There is no difference in distributing the ccmerged versus distributing a mod. Thanks for making it harder for people to fix their issues with their content, jerk.
Every single time I post on the official forums, I regret it. Why do I keep going back? You’d think I’d learn my lesson once and for all, but no, I always end up going back to help someone out, or try to explain something.
In the end, if somebody cares to know my opinion, they will probably ask me personally, whether through this blog or some other way. So yeah. I gotta stop posting on the official forums, for real.
In other news, I will shortly be making an update to the Amazing Nectar post from yesterday, where I included some false reports about Amazing Nectar. Truly, I apologize for this. I spent a lot of time making nectar in game, and then I forgot whether some were amazing or not. Instead of making the nectar again, I just used EA’s “Predict Fruit Combo Effectiveness” which, it turns out, can be wildly inaccurate. I don’t remember this being the case in the past, but maybe it’s always been like that. Either way, it looks like that particular interaction is useless because it seems to be wrong, very wrong, and often wrong. Maybe it’s just wrong about the store fruits though. I might do some testing and look into the code later, if time allows.
One more thing: Maybe you noticed I haven’t been very active after all since I came back from my trip home. I’ve actually been really busy and rather stressed. I don’t want to say much yet because I don’t want to jinx myself, but I’m working hard to get something done and I should know in a few weeks at the latest if I was successful. Cryptic, I know. Sorry! It will definitely take away a big chunk of the time I can spend on the Sims though. Sorry for that, too.
Help! I bought the Bohemian Garden set form the Sims 3 Store and the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts plants won’t grow! I can’t find the plants at the grocery store, and when I buy the plant from buy debug, nothing happens.
The Bohemian Fruits and Nuts, which are part of the Bohemian Garden set, are Premium Content (for some reason, people don’t seem to consider these plants premium content), and as such, require specific data from the ccmerged.package in the DCBackup in order to function correctly.
Just like the Orange Tree (Grandpa’s Grove), Lemon Tree and Purple Eggplant (Alfresco Set), these plants will not grow if their data is not in the ccmerged. To learn about how to repair the ccmerged (or to download a working one), see: DCBackup, ccmerged.package and Your Premium Content Items
If updating your ccmerged isn’t helping:
- It is possible for certain types of mods to cause the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts plants not to grow. If you are using a mod that alters the Store Ingredients XML or the Store Plants XML, these mods will cause the new plants not to work. Remove the mod or download an updated version.
- Make sure you don’t have an old copy of the ccmerged.package hanging out somewhere else in your Sims 3 folder.
- Did you install the set as package files? (Only applicable to people who did not install the set via the Sims 3 Launcher) The scripts for the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts are located in a separate package file, and you might not have noticed this! Make sure you have included the following package file in your Mods folder:
- Contains the StoreObjectsStoreHarvestables.dll but several resources are called bedDoubleFairy, making it look like a dummy package at first glance.
What is the ccmerged?
UPDATE : This post has been updated to include new recipes, and the recipes have been sorted by quality.
If you bought the Bohemian Garden set from the Sims 3 Store, you might be disappointed that the set does not contain any special recipes. While you can use the new plants to make old recipes (such as a pancakes), you can also use the new fruit to make Amazing Nectar.
Amazing Nectar Recipes with the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts
Here’s a list of Amazing Nectar Recipes I’ve made the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts Premium Content. Some of these recipes may contain Renoit Grapes, or some other fruit. I did not think to record the base value of these recipes at first.
All recipes I make are made with the following:
- Fruits: Perfect
- Nectar Maker: L’amour des Fruits Nectar Maker
- Nectar Maker Upgrade: Improved Pressing
- Make Nectar Type: Extended Nectaration
- Nectar Making Skill: 10
- Nectar Making Skill Challenges completed: Master of Nectar, Flavorful Feet, Mix Master
- Only Base game fruits, World Adventures fruits, and Bohemian Fruits and Nuts are used for these recipes, unless otherwise noted
Keep in mind that these are really only a few of the thousands of possible Amazing recipes to be made.
- 5 Cocoa, 5 Strawberry
- 2 Blueberry, 1 Cocoa, 1 Peach, 2 Pear, 2 Raspberry, 2 Strawberry (§78)
- 3 Blackberry, 1 Blueberry, 2 Cocoa, 1 Pear, 3 Pecan (§78)
- 3 Blackberry, 2 Blueberry, 2 Pear, 2 Pecan, 1 Strawberry (§80)
- 2 Blackberry, 2 Blueberry, 2 Cocoa, 1 Pecan, 3 Strawberry (§79)
- 1 Blackberry, 1 Cocoa, 1 Pear, 1 Pecan, 2 Raspberry, 4 Strawberry (§79)
- 4 Blackberry, 1 Cocoa, 2 Peach, 2 Raspberry, 1 Strawberry (§79)
- 1 Blackberry, 3 Cocoa, 3 Pear, 2 Pecan, 1 Raspberry (§64)
- 4 Blueberry, 1 Pear, 2 Pecan, 3 Raspberry (§78)
- 1 Blueberry, 2 Cocoa, 4 Renoit Grapes, 1 Pear, 1 Raspberry, 1 Strawberry ( §91)
- 1 Black berry, 1 Blueberry, 4 Renoit Grapes, 1 Peach, 2 Pear, 1 Strawberry (§98)
- 1 Blackberry, 2 Cocoa, 4 Life Fruit, 2 Pear, 1 Pecan (§266)
- 3 Blackberry, 1 Cocoa, 4 Flame Fruit, 1 Raspberry, 1 Strawberry (§221)
- 1 Blackberry, 1 Blueberry, 1 Cocoa, 4 Flame Fruit, 2 Peach, 1 Strawberry (§219)
- 2 Blackberry, 3 Flame Fruit, 1 Renoit Grapes, 2 Plums, 1 Pomegranate, 1 Strawberry (§230)
- 1 Blackberry, 2 Blueberry, 1 Cocoa, 4 Flame Fruit, 1 Renoit Grapes, 1 Lime (§236)
- 1 Blackberry, 3 Flame Fruit, 3 Orange, 1 Pecan, 1 Pomelo, 1 Strawberry (§215) **Requires Grandpa’s Grove
- 1 Apple, 1 Blueberry, 1 Cocoa, 1 Renoit Grapes, 4 Life Fruit, 1 Pecan, 1 Strawberry (§241)
- 1 Cocoa, 4 Fame Fruit, 1 Pear, 2 Pecan, 2 Raspberry (§212)
- 1 Blackberry, 1 Blueberry, 2 Cocoa, 4 Life Fruit, 1 Peach, 1 Raspberry (§237)
- 1 Blackberry, 1 Blueberry, 1 Cocoa, 4 Life Fruit, 1 Peach, 1 Raspberry, 1 Strawberry (§239)
- 1 Blackberry, 1 Blueberry, 1 Renoit Grapes, 5 Life Fruit, 1 Pear, 1 Raspberry (§227)
- 1 Blueberry, 1 Cocoa, 6 Life Fruit, 2 Raspberry (§325)
- 3 Flame Fruit, 1 Renoit Grapes, 1 Pear, 1 Pecan, 3 Pomegranate, 1 Pomelo (§224)
- 1 Apple, 1 Cocoa, 3 Flame Fruit, 1 Renoit Grapes, 1 Lime, 1 Plum, 2 Pomelo (§230)
Pretty Good Recipes
- 9 Life Fruit, 1 Strawberry (§371)
- 9 Life Fruit, 1 Peach (§360)
- 5 Cocoa, 5 Raspberry
Not Very Good Recipes
- 5 Renoit Grapes, 5 Strawberries (§57)
- 5 Cocoa, 5 Blackberry *
- 5 Cocoa, 5 Pear
- 5 Pecan, 5 Strawberry *
- 5 Pecan, 5 Blackberry *
- 1 Blackberry, 1 Cocoa, 1 Renoit Grapes, 4 Life Fruit, 1 Pear, 1 Pecan, 1 Strawberry
- 5 Cocoa, 5 Blueberry *
- 5 Pecan, 5 Peach *
- 5 Pecan, 5 Pear *
* Using the “Predict Fruit Combo Effectiveness” interaction predicts these combos will be good, but in fact they are not.
If you really enjoy the Nectar Making Skill, I highly recommend Buzzler’s Nectar Combinatorics mod. There are countless combinations of fruits that can make Amazing Nectar, and Buzzler’s mod will help make your sims’ life easier by doing all the math-y algorithmic parts for them.
I plan to add a section that uses more fruits from other expansion packs later, once my sim has all the plants growing again (she has all perfect plants but stopped growing most of them).