The Showtime Expansion Pack is coming out next week and I do intend to patch. I haven’t really decided yet if I’ll patch right away or wait until my favorite NRaas mods are updated. Normally Twallan is very quick with updating, so even if I wait, it shouldn’t take too long. The mods I’ve published which I expect to be broken when the patch hits are the no/slower social and exercise decay for horses mods. Most likely everything else will be fine, but obviously I can’t know for sure. Do check back before putting those mods in your game after patching. How to prepare your game for patching.
I haven’t decided what I’m doing about Showtime yet. On the one hand, I do want to purchase the expansion as I enjoy having every expansion and stuff pack. On the other hand, I think Simport is incredibly stupid, and I don’t think I’ll use it. Still, there are a lot of seemingly fun features of Showtime that aren’t related to Simport, so I’m probably going to buy it. I’m such a tool though, I’m wondering if I should buy the Katy Perry edition through Origin to get those “exclusive” objects, or pay less than half the price and buy it from Gameladen.com. Honestly, this should really be a no-brainer. 25€ for an expansion pack is fairly inexpensive compared to retail prices. I could also just wait until it goes on sale on Steam but that could be months from the release.
This mod exists on MTS, and I actually used it for a long time. Unfortunately it’s outdated and corrupt, not to mention the improvements it could use . So, I’ve gone ahead and re-done it.
This mod is compatible with patch 1.36
- This mod does not require any Expansion or Stuff Packs.
- This mod was built with patch 1.29. Due to its simplicity, this mod may not necessarily require an update after major patches. It’s always best to check in, though.
- Since this is an override, it is a much smaller package than cloning the entire object.
- This mod overrides the RefrigeratorDrawerReward OBJD resource in the FullBuild0.package .
- This mod is NOT compatible with any other mod that alters the RefrigeratorDrawerReward OBJD resource in the FullBuild0.package . I am not currently aware of any mod that alters this resource. The Buyable Culinary Career Reward mod at MTS is a clone of the refrigerator.
- If you are not sure if a mod will conflict with another, use Delphy’s Sims 3 Dashboard Tool to check.
- Costs 4000§
- Found in Buy mode in: Kitchen > Fridges. Appliances > Appliances Large.
- Exact same polygon count as the EA object because this is the EA object.
- Note: The details in the catalog might look different for you as I am using Awesomemod.
Peter & Inge Jones for S3PE, Armiel for the Builder’s DIY Island which I use so frequently for testing.
This topic comes up pretty frequently on NRaas discussion boards and among users who use a lot of NRaas mods. The Woohooer allows elders to get pregnant, but maternity elder clothes are difficult to find. This results in the so-called floaty head syndrome, in which elders have only a head and feet, and nothing in between. It’s a pretty spooky sight.
Fortunately, there are at least couple of options out there for people with pregnant female elders. These options aren’t perfect. The elder’s head will have a large gap at the neck, although it is only super noticeable if you zoom in on the sim. In any case, it’s a lot better than foaty head syndrome.
The first option is from CmarNYC at MTS: Pregnancy morphs added to six game clothes. You want to download the attachment in the comment I’ve linked to directly, as those files are the ones that are enabled for elders.
The second options is from Bluna at Vila Sims. It’s a Portuguese site and you’ll have to register to download the dress, so you might want to let Google translate for you if you don’t speak Portuguese. Also, the dress is categorized for Teen, which I didn’t like. It was an easy change to make myself, since I install everything in package form anyhow. I just prefer to get my teen maternity clothes from Poppy Sims.
I’ve shared some screenshots with you below. You might notice that the elder sim is not slouching, but standing straight. I’m not sure it’s possible for a pregnant sim to slouch in the game, which is why the maternity clothes leave an unseemly gap at the neck.
The Riche family was created by SimSample, and you can download them at the exchange.
Casting spells with the spell book from the Sims 3 store has never been easier! This mod is also available at MTS.
BUFF mods are updated every time EA releases a new Premium Content object that provides new moodlets.
2 March 2012 – This mod is compatible with patch 1.42
Note: You MUST have the Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells from the Sims 3 Store in order for these mods to work. They will NOT add the item to your game.
- Again, this requires the The Spell Book Premium Content Item from the Sims 3 Store to be installed in your game, or it will do absolutely nothing. ❗
- No other Expansion or Stuff Packs are required for this mod, ONLY the store item.
- These mods were created and tested with patch 1.29. Due to their simplicity, these mods may not necessarily require an update after major patches. In fact, unless EA updates the Spell book or other magic store items, these mods will likely not need an update at all. It’s always best to check in, though.
Conflicts: This is important. ❗ READ THIS ❗
- These mods modify two resources. You may download these separately, or together.
- These mods will conflict with any other mod that alters these resources or otherwise replaces them. Please see each mod for specific conflicts and installation instructions.
- If you are using a package which clones the spell book and Fountain and Youth so that they both work properly in your game, THIS MOD WILL CONFLICT! You must use a different fix, to make them all work at the same time. Please see below for more information.
- These mods will not conflict with the texture replacement created by Nukael at MTS.
I have created two different types of mods. The first mod changes the duration and mood bonus of the Makin’ Magic moodlet, so that your sims don’t have to “charge” their magic so often. The second mod changes the success rate of spell casts, and the length of sim time required to review a spell. You may mix and match these two mods. Use only one flavor from “Makin’ Magic” and one from Better Spell Casting and Reviewing
Does the Makin’ Magic buff disappear too quickly for your taste? Then this mod is for you.
|Flavor||Package||Description – Use only one of these!|
|Buff_1||Longer_Magic_1.package||Makin’ Magic moodlet lasts 1 sim day.|
|Buff_30||Longer_Magic_30s.package||Makin’ Magic moodlet is permanent.|
|Buff_30_nobonus||Longer_Magic_30_nobonus.package||Makin’ Magic moodlet is permanent. The moodlet does not provide any mood boost.|
|Buff_6hr||Longer_Magic_6hr.package||Makin’ Magic moodlet lasts 6 sim hours|
|Buff_90min_5bonus||Shorter_Magic_90_5bonus.package||Makin’ Magic moodlet lasts 90 minutes and gives a +5 mood bonus.|
How to install
Put this file in your Mod\Packages\Overrides folder.
If you do not have an Overrides folder, create one and ensure that your Resource.cfg is properly set up for overrides. If you aren’t sure, simply re-download the framework from MTS and put the included resource.cfg in your Mods folder. You will then have a working Overrides folder.
- As long as you put this package in your properly configured Overrides folder, it should not conflict with anything I know of.
- This mods alters the BUFF resource found in the spell book, instance ID 0x8C7DC944B6793A27 (it does not have it’s own resource name).
- Please note that this file uses the same BUFF resource found in the MATY Premium Content Fix, but they will not conflict if you place mine in the Overrides folder. This is a combined BUFF resource, which includes all buffs from the store magic items. This is because the buffs from all of those objects use the same TGI.
Better Spell Casting and Reviewing
Is your skilled witch tired of her casts failing for no apparent reason? Does your warlock wish he knew how to speed read, so that he could review his spells quicker? Look no further, as your wishes have been granted.
|Spells_1||Spellbook_Always_successful.package||Your sim has a 100% chance to cast a spell successfully|
|Spells_2||Spellbook_Always_successful_quickreview.package||Your sim has a 100% chance to cast a spell successfully. Reviewing a spell takes 1 sim minute.|
|Spells_3||Spellbook_Always_successful_quickreview.package||Your sim has a 100% chance to cast a spell successfully. Reviewing a spell takes 1 sim minute.|
|Spells_4||Spellbook_2xsuccess_5review_LTR30.package||Your sim has twice the default chance to cast a spell successfully. Reviewing a spell takes 5 sim minutes. Mood Elevatus Spell increases relationship by 30 (up from 15)|
How to install
Just plop it into the same place that you place all your other mods.
❗ Conflicts ❗
- This mod alters the SpellBook_0x5c5946dbffca3d44 XML resource found in GameplayData.package and the Spell Book package.
- This mod will conflict with any other mod that alters or otherwise replaces the above mentioned XML resources.
- This means: if you are using a mod that clones the spell book and the fountain of youth, so that they both work properly in your game, you will have a conflict!
- To fix your spell book and fountain of youth and be able to use this mod, use the MATY Premium Content Fix . This will not cause problems even if you don’t have the More Magic! Set from the Store.
Other Problems with your Spell book?
If, after removing your old Spell Book/FOY fix, the interactions on Spell Book and Fountain of Youth are blank, you will need to re-install your Spell Book and Fountain of youth. To do this, first uninstall those two items via the Launcher. Then you can re-install them using the sims3packs for Hidden Springs and the Gothique Library/Spell Book. How can I uninstall content using the Launcher ?
Always back up your files before you do this! Make sure you back up your saves, in case you uninstall Hidden Springs by mistake. Also, when I did this, my Killer Classics set uninstalled itself as well for some reason. I re-installed it and everything was fine.
If your spell book is causing you grief by making your sim reset whenever he tries to use it, you have two ways to fix the problem:
- Follow the instructions at my blog to restore the ccmerged.package in your DCBackup folder: DCBackup, ccmerged.package and Your Premium Content Items OR
- Visit MATY and get the ccmerged.package available from there.
If you’d like an additional flavor, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
Peter & Inge Jones for S3PE, Armiel for the Builder’s DIY Island which I use so frequently for testing. Omega for his Magic Items Fix and Simon (from MATY) for his fix for the spell book reset bug. Note: new Premium Content Fix from MATY is also by Omega.
You can find my Cow Plant mod at ModTheSims: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=468514
You can find my Rock Climbing Wall mod at ModTheSims: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=468325
Well, here it is, my very own own Sims 3 blog. I’ll be adding links to my mods as soon as possible.