Want to use a mod for the Sims 3, but never done it before? Setting up your game to use mods is quick and easy. Anyone can do it! Since ModTheSims has a really thorough tutorial on the subject, I’ll send you over there. Make sure you read everything carefully and follow the steps precisely!
Basic Steps for Installing Sims 3 Package Files:
- Click on the link above to be sent the tutorial at MTS.
- Download the FrameworkSetup.zip by clicking on the blue “Download” picture, which is located under “Step ” of their tutorial.
- Move the FrameworkSetup.zip to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
- Unzip the FrameworkSetup.zip.
- You will now have a new folder in your The Sims 3 folder, called Mods.
- You can install mods by placing them in the Mods\Packages folder.
Other helpful links about Custom Content for the Sims 3:
Game Help:TS3 CC Basics (MTS) – All about Custom Content for the Sims 3
Delphy’s Sims 3 Dashboard Tool – Check your game for conflicting mods and corrupted packages
CleanInstaller (aka CUSTARD) – Check your Sims3Pack files for corrupted content, or unwanted custom content
Delphy’s Sims3Pack Multi-Extracter – Extract .package files from your Sims3Pack files, saving you the hassle of installing custom content through the launcher
S3PE – Sims 3 Package Editor – Create mods, edit mods, merge mods, or just take a look at what’s inside a package file