Dragon Valley Problem: Dragon Eggs won’t hatch
Help! I bought Dragon Valley from the Sims 3 Store, but my dragon eggs won’t hatch. When the timer says 0 minutes, I get a notice saying the egg will hatch soon but nothing ever happens!
This is a very common issue that is, fortunately, easily fixed.
The reason the dragon egg does not hatch is because the game cannot find the resources for the baby dragon, so the baby dragon cannot be created. This happens when the dragon has not been installed correctly through the Launcher. It’s not something you’ve done wrong. For some reason, the Launcher did not properly install the dragon for you. Please take note that this is not related to the ccmerged.package, but you should still make sure your ccmerged.package is updated because the dragons provide custom moodlets.
- Re-install Dragon Valley until the egg hatches.
Do not uninstall Dragon Valley first. Just re-install it right on top of your previous installation. It could take several tries for the baby dragon to be properly install, so fee free to just install the sim3spack say, 3 times in a row, and then check your game.
Did you install a pirated copy and then purchase Dragon Valley afterwards?
If you first installed an illegally obtained copy of Dragon Valley before purchasing the real deal, you are very likely to have problems with your eggs hatching. If you uninstall your pirated copy and then install a legit copy, but your eggs don’t work, your launcher did not properly uninstall all of the resources for Dragon Valley. This happens a lot with the launcher. To fix this issue, you have two options:
- Make a Clean Sims 3 Folder and re-install ALL of sims3packs, including store sims3packs.
- Use KT’s StoreFix DecrapFixes from MATY
- Premium Content: Missing Accessories -Eggs not hatching are the exact same issue described here.
- DCBackup, ccmerged.package and Your Premium Content Items – Find out how to fix other Premium Content issues
- What is the ccmerged? – A more detailed explanation of what the ccmerged is, and why you need it
- Recommendation: Load your game lightning fast! Worlds that help with testing, building or using CAS – Tired of testing? This will help.